Do you build WordPress plugins? Do you have different clients with sites running on different hosts? Would you like to test your code in a local environment that accurately reflects the environments where it will run?
Virtual machines can help solve the problem, but they’re often overweight and insufficiently flexible. Enter Docker, a framework for managing lightweight server containers, giving you the environments you need to effectively test your projects.
This presentation will cover:
- Preparing your system to work with Docker containers using Boot2Docker
- Building and customizing containers
- Using Docker Compose to manage collections of related containers
- Using Docker to test scaling and load balancing
- Sharing your containers
- Deploying your containers to the server